I am a data scientist at TripAdvisor and an amateur mathematician.
I am interested in new findings in machine learning, deep learning, tensor computation, online algorithms, enumerative combinatorics, pattern avoidance and enumeration, graph theory and probabilistic combinatorics.
But food is always my first concern. I eat. I cook. I explore restaurants. I create new dishes.
3. Paired patterns in lattice paths, R. Pan and J.B. Remmel.
Submitted to a special volume of Developments in Mathematics (Springer), 2016.
Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science, 18-2 (2016), # 6.
1. Tensor transpose and its properties, R. Pan.
Available on arXiv:1411.1503, 2014.
4. Distributed patterns in lattice paths.
8th International Conference on Lattice Path Combinatorics & Applications, Pomona, California. August 19, 2015.
3. Introduction to counting with symmetric functions.
Combinatorics seminar, Tongji University, Shanghai, China. July 11, 2015.
2. Pattern matching in standard Young tableaux of rectangular shapes.
Permutation Patterns 2015, London, England. June 16, 2015.
1. Patterns in column-strict arrays.
Advancement talk, UC San Diego, La Jolla, California. December 11, 2014.